Mike Stobe/Getty Images
- In a recent interview with The Guardian, Shania Twain said she would’ve voted for Donald Trump in the US presidential election.
- Twain didn’t vote in the election because she’s from Canada.
- “I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest,” she said.
- Twain walked back her comments on Twitter, asserting that her values don’t align with President Trump’s.
- The singer’s fans are devastated.
In a recent interview with The Guardian, Shania Twain, noted country singer and pop culture icon, said she would have voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 US presidential election.
“I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest,” she said of Trump. “Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want bullshit. I would have voted for a feeling that it was transparent. And politics has a reputation of not being that, right?”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Ariana Grande has a low ponytail now and it’s kind of blowing our minds
- Kourtney Kardashian gave her birthday party guests creepy look-alike piñatas
Yodel kid Mason Ramsey hung out with Doug the Pug and it’s just everything we needed right now
Shania Twain said she would’ve voted for Trump if she could have
By Susanna Heller
April 23, 2018 at 07:14AM
via Feedburner http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/businessinsider/~3/MOowdHrtLsg/shania-twain-donald-trump-reactions-2018-4